- A valid Rockville Centre Library card and a current photo ID must be presented at checkout.
- Borrowers must be in good standing (no lost items or fines greater than $10), with a current address on file.
- Borrowers must be 18 years old or older.
- Borrowers must accept and sign this agreement each time the telescope is borrowed.
- The telescope may be borrowed for 7 days, with one renewal.
- Reservations may be made up to one month in advance.
- Borrowers are responsible for reading the instruction manual for proper use.
- A late fee of $5.00 will be assessed for each day the telescope is late.
- The telescope must be returned directly to a library staff member at the Circulation Desk. Please allow sufficient time for the telescope to be inspected and checked in.
- If the telescope is not returned to the Circulation Desk, the borrower will be charged a minimum fee of $25 for unnecessary risk to the equipment.
The borrower is responsible for all costs associated with damage or loss of the telescope and/or accessories. A replacement fee will be charged for all missing items.
There will be a $350 charge if the telescope and accompanying items are lost, stolen, or damaged beyond repair. If the telescope is returned damaged, the patron will be charged a fee for the repairs.
Orion StarBlast Telescope: $250
Zoom Eyepiece: $60
Star Target Planisphere: $15
Moon Map 260: $15
Night Watch, Viewing Guide: $30
Proper Care and Use:
Keep the telescope in a clean, dry, dust-free place, safe from rapid temperature changes and humidity. Do not store the telescope outdoors. Keep the dust caps on the front of the telescope and on the focuser when not in use.
Never look at the sun with any optical instrument or permanent eye damage could result. The Library will not be held liable for any injuries incurred as a result of telescope use.