eReaders for Borrowing
We loan out 15 eReaders pre-loaded with the hottest titles to Rockville Centre library card holders, in good standing.
They can be checked out for 14 days, with one renewal allowed.
We loan out eReaders pre-loaded with the hottest titles to Rockville Centre library card holders, in good standing. They can check them out for 14 days, with one renewal allowed.
Guidelines for Borrowing & Use:
• As with any electronic device, use care when handling.
• The eReaders can only be checked out from and returned to the Circulation Desk.
• Do not use the Book Drop. There is a $25 fine if placed in the Book Drop or left unattended at the Circ Desk. Do not return at other libraries.
• A valid Rockville Centre Public Library card and a current photo ID must be present at the time of checkout.
• Borrowers must be in good standing with the Library.
• Borrowers must be 18 years old or older.
• The eReader may be borrowed for a 14 day period, and renewed once.
• Do not add or remove titles from the eReader.
Fines & Liability:
• The overdue fine is $2.00 per day.
• The borrower is responsible for costs associated with damage or loss of eReader and/or peripherals due to neglect or abuse.
• The replacement cost for an eReader is $100.00. The replacement cost for the cord and plug is $20.00. The replacement cost for the case is $30.00.